I got a couple of blog awards today. That makes me happy. I love blog awards. They are like little "Thinking of you... and how awesome you are" cards for the internet. Some have rules, some don't, but they all invite us to spread the love around. We can all use a little love, right?
I got this Blog Love award from Kat at Candles, Crafts, and More. Her blog is full of cute ideas and she produces some wonderful crafts herself. This is definitely the prettiest blog award I've ever been given.
I received two awards from Nancy's Arts, Crafts, and Favorites. The purple one came with the following rules:
Reasons to receive blog recognition are:
... blogs who receive this award are exceedingly charming. This blog invests in the PROXIMITY in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that even more friendships are propagated". The award recognizes the quality of the person writing the blog. I consider your blog to one of the best. You take the time to provide enjoyable tutorials. You are a giving talented person and I decided other people should know!
The Noblesse award is presented to bloggers who display consistency in any one or a combination of these conditions:
2. The Blog contents inspire; it strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences, and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking. The Blogger who receives this Award will need to perform the following steps:
1. Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2. The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3. Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved- preferably citing one or more older post to support.
4. The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award Conditions.
5. The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
As for meeting the conditions for the award:
I created Free Printable Fun for several reasons. My son, Daaks, was diagnosed with Autism 2006. In trying to find ways to improve his communication skills I came across a lot of specialized teaching materials that were simple to use and simple to replicate but very expensive to own. I started to create learning materials for my son. I posted them online to help other families with children with Autism. Along the way I found a great venue to share all the fun printables I was finding online.
Examples of some of my recent posts incorporating the above criteria are:
Thank you Nancy and Kat! I really do appreciate the love. Now to pass on the award: The following really trip my trigger. I read them on a regular basis and am often inspired by them. Just copy the pictures of the awards and pass them along according to the rules.